Monday, December 28, 2009

Pray for Fred

I feel sad today. My best friend, or even more so my self adopted brother just 52 years of age had a stroke yesterday. He is in Michigan, and I am in Florida trying to put together all what just happened in the past 24 hours. It all seems like a whirl wind, a bad dream that you don't want to believe. The stories of Fred keep rolling in over the phone like a strange montage collage of the twilight zone.

You see things like this are not suppose to happen to guys that are physically fit and at such an early age.

Fred always wanted to be rich, and he tried many ways to achieve his dream. The problem was he was to nice, to honest, and couldn't be corrupted in his endeavours.
If you were cold he would give his jacket to you. I you were hungry he would feed you. if you needed some money he would give some to you with no questions asked. I know of two businesses today that would not exist if it weren't not for his generosity. People have gotten there homes and restaurants on loans from Fred that were never paid back. There were also Christmas gifts, and airline tickets that were never paid back. The thing was Fred loaned money on the idea that it would probably never be paid back anyway, To Fred, friends and family are more important to him money.

When somebody says don't worry I'll be there for you, he was. By shoveling snow, mowing lawn, fixing the neighbors car, raking leaves, moving, lifting, what ever it took to make someone else's day better.

But the best part of Fred is, listening, making you feel good and believing in yourself. I have known Fred for the 48 years out my 50 years of age, and he has never given up on me. I owe allot of what I am, and who I am because of you buddy.

Fred, I just want to say you are rich. Maybe not in monetary gains, but I don't know anyone else who is far more richer than you, in Christian Spiritual gains. People love you, your family loves you, and I love you, but most of all God really loves you.

People please pray for Fred to heal his stroke.

Thanks,

Your Brother Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment