Friday, January 1, 2010

Sweetie

I never knew something could be as perfect as you.
Little tiny toes, little tiny fingers, blue eyes, and a button nose.
First a giggle, then a laugh, a smirk, and a great big smile, those were Daddy’s for the longest while.

I remember her say, Daddy hold me tight, let me know things will be alright. As I held her this is what I said, Sweetie it’ll be OK, Daddy’s chased the bad all away. Don’t you worry, no need to run, the fear is gone, and life has just begun.

My little girls growing up, and she’s got herself a beau, are you still Daddy’s girl that’s all I want to know.
Your graduating from school, I never been so proud, looking like a jewel, standing out in the crowd.
It’s time for her to start a new life. I know it won’t be long for Daddy’s girl to be some ones wife.

I remember her say, Daddy hold me tight, let me know things will be alright. As I held her this is what I said, Sweetie it’ll be OK, Daddy’s chased the bad all away. Don’t you worry, no need to run, the fear is gone, and life has just begun.

Now Daddy’s girl has a family of her own, a husband, a little boy, and house that became a home.
Time was supposed to stand still and always last, my little girl grew up way to fast.
Sweetie you’ll always be Daddy’s girl, and I’ll be there for you no matter what you say, or what you do.

And this is what she said, Daddy let me hold you tight, don’t worry things will be alright.
I chased the bad all away. I don’t need to run, the fear is gone, and life has just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment